We are proud to announce that we have been awarded with this year’s edition of Italian Council.
Italian Council finances projects of the production, awareness and international circulation of Italian contemporary art according to two lines of intervention: Increasing Public Art Collections (Area 1) and Development of talents and international promotion of artists, curators and critics (Area 2).
The projects for the production of new works to increase public collections will be carried out by:
- Artist Stefano Boccalini’s new project presented by Comunità Montana di Valle Camonica (Breno, BS) and acquired by GAMeC, Bergamo;
- Artist Gea Casolaro’s new project presented by Direzione Regionale Musei Emilia Romagna and acquired by Museo Nazionale di Ravenna;
- Artist Céline Condorelli’s new project presented by Ramdom Association (Gagliano del Capo, LE) and acquired by MACRO Museum, Rome;
- Artist Aldo Giannotti’s new project presented by Istituzione Bologna Musei – MAMbo and acquired by MACRO Museum, Rome;
- Artist Jacopo Miliani’s new project presented by Nosadella.due Association (Bologna) and acquired by Centro per l’Arte Contemporanea Luigi Pecci, Prato;
- Artist duo Ottonella Mocellin and Nicola Pellegrini’s new project presented by Savvy Contemporary e.V. (Berlin) and acquired by MA*GA, Gallarate;
- Artist Margherita Morgantin’s new project presented by Xing Cultural Association (Bologna) and acquired by Galleria Internazionale d’Arte Moderna Ca’ Pesaro, Venice;
- Artist duo The Cool Couple’s new project presented by Careof Cultural Association (Milan) and acquired by MAMbo, Bologna;
- Artist duo ZAPRUDER’s new project presented by Associazione Santarcangelo dei Teatri (Santarcangelo di Romagna) and acquired by MART, Trento and Rovereto.
Regarding the development of talents and the international promotion of artists, curators and critics, the following projects will be funded:
MONOGRAPHIC INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITIONS
- Emilio Fantin’s solo show at the DoVA – University of Chicago, presented by Centro Itard Lombardia (Milan);
- Paolo Gioli’s solo show at the Three Shadows Photography Art Center in Beijing, presented by Circolo del Cinema Ricciotto Canudo (Bisceglie).
PARTICIPATION IN REGULAR INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL EVENTS
- Artist Egle Oddo and curator Lori Adragna at Mänttä Art Festival (Finland), presented by Piknik Frequency ry, Helsinki;
- Artist Michele Rizzo at Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art, presented by Front Exhibition Company, Cleaveland;
- Artist Marinella Senatore at the 34th Bienal de São Paulo, presented by Fundação Bienal de São Paulo.
RESEARCH RESIDENCIES PROGRAMMES
- Art curator Elena Biserna’s research residency at Q-O2, Brussels;
- Artist duo Genuardi/ Ruta’s research residency at EMERGE Portugal, Torres Vedras;
- Artist Giuditta Vendrame’s research residency at Jan Van Eyck Academie, Maastricht.
INTERNATIONAL EDITORIAL PROJECTS
- The editorial project presented by the collective Il Colorificio (Milan);
- The editorial project presented by AlbumArte Cultural Association (Rome), curated by Cristina Cobianchi and involving art curators and critics Benedetta Carpi De Resmini, Anna Cestelli Guidi, Claudio Libero Pisano, Adriana Polveroni, Marco Trulli, Paola Ugolini, Saverio Verini.
The Evaluation Committee was presided over by Fabio De Chirico empowered by the Director General, and was composed by Bartomeu Marí Ribas – critic and curator; Marco Scotini – critic, curator and director of the Department of Visual Arts and Cultural Studies of the NABA, Milan; Claudio Varagnoli – architect and professor at the University of Chieti; Angela Vettese – art historian, critic and professor at IUAV, Venice.
For more info, click here.